Unfortunately we are now closed until further noticeFind out more
Why Our Pub is Great
Here at The Blue Jay pub in Derby, we pride ourselves on doing things properly. Serving proper food, every day. Providing a genuinely welcoming environment for the whole family. Making sure you get to eat the meal you really want. If you fancy creating your own perfect pub meal, and would like to swap a menu item for something else you prefer, just ask.
The Blue Jay pub is a great place to bring the whole family. Whether you’re just looking for a quick lunch in the middle of a workday, want a great venue for Nan’s birthday, or need a place to take the children, where they can enjoy themselves in one of our play areas, you’ll find just what you're looking for in our friendly restaurant.
Our traditional carvery is the stuff of local legend: three perfectly-roasted meats, Yorkshires, stuffing, and as many vegetables as you can eat. There’s a vegetarian roast option every day, and you can also choose to have your carvery with a salad. The little ones are looked after too. Our children’s menu is packed with favourites, all as nutritious as they are tasty.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Rapid Electric Vehicle Charging
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
Our food is full of flavour, created and served by chefs who love what they do. We believe that great tastes should be at the heart of every meal, and we strive to bring you a menu that reflects the preferences of the whole family. From traditional roasts, to more modern options, healthy eaters to vegetarians, there’s plenty on our menu to satisfy everyone.
All of our ingredients are ethically sourced: like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken and our responsibly-caught cod.View our Menus